Thursday, January 20, 2011

The first week....

It has been over a week since the release of Today Then Tomorrow. Overall it has been interesting on many fronts. I was very happy to share this book with the world. I am very proud of the 4 years of hard work that went into the creation of the book. The mode I am in now has shifted from artist to businessman. It is a change that is full of emails, humble sales pitches, research, and a lot more. It has become a lot of work trying to get the book "out there". I am currently trying to line up some stores to carry the book, media outlets to cover the book, and some internet word of mouth to promote the book. There have been discouraging moments, but also times when I see even the smallest bit of progress. This is a burden I have chose and I keep trying to remember what co-worker told me recently; every bit of promotion is like trying to fill a bucket with an eye-dropper. I am starting to find both the bucket and eye-dropper. We shall see if one day the bucket becomes overflowing in a good way. In the coming months I plan to use this blog to go over some of the work included in the book and offering what went into some of the poems on a stylistic and inspirational level. If you have a particular poem you would like me to explain, please send an email to: social@vizionbooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment